Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dreamology Book Review


Dreamology by: Lucy Keating

Pub Date: 4/12/16 by HarperTeen
Synopsis:
For as long as Alice can remember, she has dreamed of Max. Together they have traveled the world and fallen deliriously, hopelessly in love. Max is the boy of her dreams—and only her dreams. Because he doesn’t exist.

But when Alice walks into class on her first day at a new school, there he is. It turns out, though, that Real Max is nothing like Dream Max, and getting to know each other in reality isn’t as perfect as Alice always hoped.

When their dreams start to bleed dangerously into their waking hours, the pair realize that they might have to put an end to a lifetime of dreaming about each other. But when you fall in love in your dreams, can reality ever be enough?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler-Free Review Below!
 I really enjoyed this book and loved being in the world of Dreamology! Everything about the plot and tone of the story made me fall in love with this book and end up being one of my favorite YA contemporaries ever. Something that really peeked my interest as that Lucy gave a bit of a background to why everyone dreams. That was one of the main topics that set this book apart from other I've read.
I will admit that I am a hopeless romantic and this is definitely a book for people like me. Max and Alice's relationship is what I would describe as close to perfection. They play off each other so well! There were many moments throughout this book that made me swoon and wish for a relationship like theirs.
I was also really fond of how witty and amusing the writing was. The entire book had me smirking to myself or laughing out loud. Everything flowed and tied together perfectly, I sped through it fairly quickly. Lucy also did a wonderful job of weaving this dream-like world into our reality. Plus, the characters she created were fantastic! The dog, Jerry, sounds so cute, I just want to meet him and give him a hug!
Overall, if you're looking for an easy, go-with-the-flow read that has a cute relationship and a brilliant world, I highly recommend adding this book to your TBR. I bet you're going to fall in love with this story just like how I did! 
Star Rating: 5/5!
- Emma Cahill 
(EE: Savannah @abookowl )

No comments:

Post a Comment