Tuesday, March 22, 2016

This is Where the World Ends Book Review

Pub date: 3/22/16 by HarperTeen
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Janie and Micah, Micah and Janie. That’s how it’s been ever since elementary school, when Janie Vivien moved next door. Janie says Micah is everything she is not. Where Micah is shy, Janie is outgoing. Where Micah loves music, Janie loves art. It’s the perfect friendship—as long as no one finds out about it. But then Janie goes missing and everything Micah thought he knew about his best friend is colored with doubt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Where the World Ends is the type of book that is best to not know what it's about before heading into it. I am a huge fan of Amy's other novel, Falling into Place. So, when I saw that she was coming out with another stand-alone contemporary, I had to get my hands on it ASAP! I will admit, I really didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. If you guys didn't know, if there is something I hate about a book, it's most likely alternating chapters. 75% of the time, they aren't done right. The story doesn't flow or there are gaps that never get filled. This time, it wasn't as bad as others, but it would have made the book better if the story flowed as one.

This book left me with a lot of questions, questions that I would love answers for. Amy did this with Falling into Place, but I believe the book hangover was worst this time around. If you want a dark, grungy story, this book it right up your alley. The emotions that come of the pages just wiggle there way through your chest and into your heart. You want to help Micah and tell him that he's okay, but you just can't that is what you call writing.

Janie and Micah, oh what those kids went through. It like you're on a rollercoaster that never stops until the last word. No spoilers, but it's a lot like Mara Dyer, but 2 times more hallucinations. I would have loved to have more backstory on their friendship before Janie goes missing. My heart was broken throughout this whole book for Micah. 

Amy's writing and creativity make this book whole. She makes all her work so captivating, I just cannot get enough of it. I hope to see more masterpieces from her in the future. 
Overall, This is Where the World End is a heart wrenching, dark contemporary novel that put you in a story about friendship, loss, and living with one of the biggest mistakes you could ever make.

Star rating: 4/5 stars
-Savannah @abookowl ig


No comments:

Post a Comment