Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday Topic:
Top Futuristic Books You Love


1. The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins


Oh, the classic. This book opened me up to the world of YA in grade 5, I'm so happy my Language Arts teacher showed me The Hunger Games. A story that I will keep the closest to my heart. <3


2. The Vault of Dreamers by: Caragh M. O'Brien


I read The Vault of Dreamers back in November or December 2014. I fell in love with the story and the characters, I've never read anything like it. Add this to your TBR list ASAP!!


3. The Rain (H2O) by: Virginia Bergin


I started this book thinking it was no big deal and that I might get the chills a couple time, nothing that severe. I kid you not, I was scared of the rain for days. This books is so realistic, it gets into your head which is what you want to happen. I guess?

4. The Selection by: Kiera Cass


The Selection, also a classic. My 5th grade LA teacher also recommended this series to me. I fell in love with America and how brave she is. How she doesn't need a husband in order to have a happy life and knows can support herself on her own. I read all 3 books in less than 3 days. The Heir is also a favorite of mine, but I think I like America better, so far..

5. Illuminae by: Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman


Last, but not least, Illuminae. The story is told in stolen files, emails, messages etc., but never in face-to-face conversations. I went into this book not really knowing what it was about and I think that's the best way to go into it. It's something new that was recently added to the YA community and I hope to see more books like this soon because Illuminae was amazing!


-Savannah @abookowl ig



No comments:

Post a Comment